Pages

Glorious Descent

Glorious Descent
Acrylic on canvas 60 x 40cm

Friday, December 17, 2010

A cocktail of love

Sitting up on bar stools we hovered over bright green astro turf, swizzling our gin and tonics un necessarily with a decorative plastic sea horse. Wearing a black suit dress and court shoes amongst hibiscus flowers and bamboo, I appear the stow away on the deck of a tropical ship. It re minds me of when I drank in Seinukville, on the south coast of Cambodia. Make shift beach huts were adorned with everything and anything that could enhance the tropical vibe of the location. The poor cousin of Thailand in the tourist industry, Seinukville had a rustic holiday charm. Whilst there were no 5 star resorts to provide buffets of seafood on the beach and elaborate fire work displays, there were locals who paraded baskets of shrimp on their heads. I remember my love affair with margaritas began in a bar in Seinukville. AT $1.50 a pop I would be washed up from the surf into the shanty of a bar so as to wash one down before inverting and repeating the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment