Pages

Glorious Descent

Glorious Descent
Acrylic on canvas 60 x 40cm

Monday, September 20, 2010

Live to eat or eat to live ?


I take my heart to the market and it selects so as to savour.

Luscious flesh of a fish and tantalising salty seeds of a caper berry
I feed my soul so as understand my heart
What flavours can I roll over my tongue for desert ?
What thick syrup will wash down my throat ?
To taste so as to ignite, so as to enquire, so as to feel

I cook to transform emotion, to make tangible
To melt, to BEAT, to slowly procure a flavour
To have magic at one's fingertips

With food as ritual I love to gather - to be nurtured by a laden shelf
But as the groceries accumulate and grow dusty the pantry laughs knowingly at me.

Weighted with other thoughts, I reach for a can of baked beans.

Sometimes I eat very little and food will not satisfy
But I eat for sustenance. I eat for tomorrow.

And most of all..

I eat so as to share

Eat with me my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment